|Camera Ready Version Instructions
This page contains instructions for authors of accepted papers to NetGames 2010 on how to prepare and submit the camera ready versions of their papers.
- Both the signed copyright form and the final camera ready version of your paper must be submitted by October 15, 2010.
- Each paper should be associated with at least one full registration by October 15, 2010 in order to be included in the proceedings. A paper without registered authors past October 15, 2010 will be withdrawn.
II- Copyright Form
The lead author for each paper must fill out and email a signed copy of the IEEE Copyright Form to the workshop Publication Chair (firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 15, 2010. A PDF or scanned image of your signed form is required. Please use the following IEEE PUBLICATION TITLE in your Copyright Form:
2010 9th Annual Workshop on Network and Systems Support for Games
The Copyright Form is available in MS Word and PDF at the following links:
III- Formatting Instructions
The proceedings of NetGames 2010 will be published by ACM and IEEE, and included in both ACM Digital Library and IEEE Xplore. The IEEE formatting instructions provided in this section MUST be strictly followed in order for your paper to be included in the conference proceedings.
- Full papers must not exceed 6 pages, while Poster/Demo papers must not exceed 2 pages (including all figures, references and appendices)
- Use single-space, two-column US Letter page size (8.5" x 11")
- DO NOT include footers or headers
- DO NOT page number your manuscript
- DO NOT apply security settings to your PDF file
- Only PDF format is accepted
Preparing your IEEE-compliant Camera Ready Manuscript
Formatting instructions are available at the following IEEE Proceedings Templates for LaTeX and Microsoft Word users. To prepare and submit your IEEE-compliant camera ready manuscript, you should strictly follow the steps described below:
- Format your paper following the IEEE Proceedings Templates guidelines.
- The bottom left-hand side of the first page of your paper should be left empty for the later insertion of the IEEE copyright notice.
- Generate Xplore-compatible PDF file of your IEEE-compliant manuscript (see next section for detailed instructions on how to generate Xplore compatible PDF files).
- Submit your Xplore-compatible PDF file to the workshop submission site by October 15, 2010.
IV- Generating IEEE Xplore-Compatible PDF File
IEEE is very strict about the requirements for converting application files or PostScript files to full-text PDF for inclusion in IEEE Xplore. The new IEEE Xplore requirements for PDF will be enforced. All conference articles submitted for inclusion in IEEE Xplore must be in Xplore-compatible PDF format.
» Option 1: Generate Xplore-compatible PDF file by yourself
If you would like to create your own PDF file, please change the settings on your PDF distiller to insure your paper meets IEEE PDF specifications. Basic PDF distiller settings MUST be changed to:
- Acrobat 5.0 compatibility,
- ALL graphics at least 300 dpi resolution (higher if preferred),
- ALL fonts MUST be embedded and subset,
- Postscript settings DO NOT override distiller settings,
- Page size is 612.0 x 792.0 points (8.5" x 11").
NOTE: you must verify that all fonts have been properly embedded and subset. Some font manufacturers now flag their fonts to not embed. These fonts must be avoided.
You can also download the Adobe Sample distiller settings (ZIP, 53 KB) in order to ensure Xplore compatibility of your generated PDF. Note that some settings are required, some recommended and others suggested.
You MUST CHECK your own generated PDF file for Xplore compatibility using the IEEE PDF eXpress tool described below BEFORE you submit your file.
» Option 2: Using IEEE PDF eXpress
NetGames 2010 has registered for use of the IEEE tool: PDF eXpress. IEEE PDF eXpress is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function).
If you would like to submit your source file to PDF eXpress for conversion and validation, PDF eXpress converts the following file types to PDF:
- Microsoft Word
- Word Pro
- Rich Text Format
- (La)TeX (DVI and all support files required)*
* For documents created in formats that do not embed source files, include all support files with the final manuscript in a compressed archive for submission. If it is possible to embed images in the source document, you should do so to avoid potential issues, such as missing graphics.
Instructions for using IEEE PDF eXpress:
- Click button to go to PDF eXpress.
(PDF eXpress will open in a new browser window)
- Click link: " New Users - Click here"
- Enter Conference ID: netgames10x
- Enter your email address
- Choose a password
- Continue to enter information as prompted (You will receive an email confirming the successful creation of your account).
- Upload either your source file or PDF file for Conversion and/or PDF Checking
- Use PDF eXpress to obtain an IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file.
- The site contains extensive instructions, resources, and helpful hints.
- Through your PDF eXpress account, you may submit your source application files for conversion to PDF, and/or submit PDFs for checking.
- You will have the opportunity to revise your submission if you are not satisfied with the PDF that PDF eXpress creates for you, or if the system finds problems with your paper, or if your PDF fails the PDF Check.
- Technical support via email and telephone is available if you experience trouble in creating your PDF. If you have any questions regarding PDF eXpress Web site, please contact the PDF eXpress support staff at email@example.com.
- If there is a problem with your file, you will receive an e-mail detailing the problem(s). Otherwise the system will e-mail you a copy of your IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file.
Submitting a file to IEEE PDF eXpress is ONLY for creation of a IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF file. You MUST still submit your final PDF file.